JAKARTA - Muhammad Farhan, Gunadarma University student who has special needs bullied by his three college friends.
In video footage duration about 15 seconds, look Farhan bag pulled when he walk alone. Farhan fights, but one of bully's black-shirted friends keeps pulling him. The other two students just laughed at Farhan.
A number of other students around him just applauded that incident. After escaping from clutch of his friend, Farhan went. However, Farhan had thrown the trash towards to the preparators of bully. This video was first posted on IG story: @julliocrazy account. This video became viral and reaped netizen criticism.
This incident that hit MF show a disparaging social outlook. Even when the victim is trying to defend himself to be a joke and a shouting cry.
This situation is very deep concern. Law No. 8 of 2016 states that in Article 42, paragraph 3, that each Higher Education Provider shall facilitate the establishment of a Disability Services Unit.
Whereas in Article 145 states Every Person who barred and/or prohibited Persons with Disabilities to obtain rights as in Article 143 shall be punished with imprisonment for a maximum of 2 (two) years and a maximum fine of Rp. 200,000,000 (two hundred million rupiah). Article 143 point a describes the warnings of every person who prevents Persons with Disabilities from obtaining the right to education.
Because of the above, some people who are members of the Movement of People for the Care of the Rights of Persons with Disabilities on change.org website expressed their condemnation and asked the government and related parties to fulfill the following matters:
1. Criticize the inhumane actions and behavior of those who are students.
2. Condemn all forms of social outlook that lead to humiliation, degrading to the victim.
3. For all students involved and enliven such vile acts shall be given social sanction and awareness on Rights of Disabled Rights.
4. The penalty of social sanction shall be 5 consecutive years following the activities of Persons with Disabilities, at least 2 times per month.
5. Demanding perpetrators and students who witnessed such nefarious acts to get guidance from their respective parents and not to repeat his actions again.
6. Campus parties to immediately socialize how to interact with Person with Disabilites by taking into consideration the rights of Person with Disabilites pursuant to Law No. 8 of 2016 on Persons with Disabilities by involving Person with Disabilites organizations.