alexa snippet

Massive Infrastructure Project, Sumitomo Targeted 50 Percent of Indonesia Market

Massive Infrastructure Project, Sumitomo Targeted 50 Percent of Indonesia Market
Sumitomo Heavy Industries Ltd stand in The 19th International Mining and Minerals Recovery Exhibition and Conference.
A+ A-
JAKARTA - Massive building infrastructure in various sectors at Indonesia opened its market share. One of them in the field of heavy equipment market.

This is what attracted heavy equipment manufacturers from Japan, Sumitomo Heavy Industries Ltd entered the Indonesian market. Sumitomo is currently eyeing a business expansion of up to 50 percent for the Indonesian market after previously controlling 30 percent market share.

"Currently, Indonesia holds 30 percent, while the remaining 70 percent we supply to other countries, compared to other countries, Indonesia is the largest," said President Director of PT Sumitomo Heavy Industries Construction Machinery Southeast Asia, Kazuhiko Sasaki in Jakarta, recently.

Sasaki said Indonesia still one of the most important countries in the world for heavy equipment business.

"We are very confident in the future progress, mainly driven by an active government with its infrastructure projects," he added.

Furthermore, Sasaki added, the biggest segmentation comes from the construction sector, namely real estate, and property. Therefore Sumitomo will focus on the sector. After construction, Sumitomo is also targeting the plantation and forestry sectors.

Sumitomo himself decided to establish a factory in Indonesia taking into account its strategic position and value to meet the high demand in Southeast Asia. In addition, this is also in line with the massive infrastructure development projects being intensively undertaken by the Government of Indonesia.

"We are committed to continuing to contribute in terms of foreign trade through product exports to Southeast Asian markets, as well as supporting local employment by recruiting them for our factories and sales offices. In addition, the Sumitomo plant in Indonesia has also grown to conduct export activities to several other countries," said Shoji Uchida, President Director of PT Sumitomo S.H.I. Construction Machinenery Indonesia.



(rnz)